Wild Hog in the Woods and the Madison Folk Music Society present
Aoife Scott in Concert
Irish folksinger/songwriter from Dublin, Ireland
Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 7:30pm (doors open at 7)
931 E. Main Street (corner or E. Main and Brearly), entrance on Brearly
Admission $20 donation per person at the door, no advanced tickets
Parking lot south of the entrance
Proceeds benefit the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center remodeling capital campaign
- Special Location: 931 East Main Street (entrance is on Brearly Street). NOTE: this address is the temporary location of the Williamson/Marquette (Wil-Mar) Neighborhood Center during remodeling of their regular location on Jenifer Street. Google Map
- Admission: $20 donation at the door (no advanced tickets). Proceeds to benefit the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center’s remodeling capital campaign.
- Date & Time: Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Doors open at 7:00pm, concert at 7:30pm.
- Parking: free parking lot just south of the building.
- Madison Metro: if using the bus, there are many bus routes to choose from with stops two and three blocks away. Use Metro's trip planner to plan your route.
- Bicycle: The Capitol City Trail is a block away as it runs through McPike Park.
- Concert Poster: Print a copy of the poster and post it in your office, local library or grocery store bulletin board. Or print the mini poster (two on one sheet) to share with your friends.
- Stay up to date with any last minute changes on our Facebook page.
On the air at WORT FM:
Aoife will be on the air at 11 AM that morning on Madison’s community radio station, WORT FM 89.9 and wortfm.org, during the “Back to the Country” show with Bill Malone.
Award-winning folk singer
and songwriter from Dublin,
Ireland, Aoife Scott will perform at
the Wild Hog in its temporary*
location, 931 East Main, Madison,
with entrance on Brearly St.
Aoife Scott is a daughter
of the legendary Black Family, one
of the most important musical
clans in Ireland. Aoife is rising to
the top of the traditional and folk
music scene by her own right, in
Ireland, the U.S. and the world.
Fragile and ethereal one
minute and strong and vibrant the
next, Aoife has a dynamic and
profound voice, which explores
the emotional depths of her lyrics,
leaving the audience entranced.
Her music has a broad creative
scope but is largely influenced by
her own roots in folk and
traditional Irish music.
Aoife is a true veteran of
the Irish and Folk Festival circuit,
having performed and headlined
at dozens of festivals and venues
around the globe and the
Midwest, including Milwaukee’s
Irish Fest and in Madison the past
Her accolades include
being named Best Folk Act at the
Irish Post Music Awards, beating
stiff competition in the category
with the legendary Christy Moore,
Dublin folk band Lankum as well
as Limerick singer Emma Langford.
She also claimed the award of
Emerging Artist of the Year at the
Live Ireland Awards in June 2018.
In 2019, her most recent
song “The December Letter” won
Single of the Year at the ALSR
Celtic Music Awards (US) and was
the most played Christmas song
on RTE Radio 1 in December 2018.
Aoife’s single “All Along
the Wild Atlantic Way” also hit the
number 1 slot, knocking Ed
Sheeran off the top spot and was
named “Song of the Year” at the
Irish Folk Music Awards in 2017.
Aoife describes this song as her
“love letter to the West of Ireland,
a place where my heart lies”.
Aoife’s debut album,
“Carry the Day”, was reviewed
with resounding praise. The Irish
Times quoted it as a “richly
layered impressive debut
album”. Folk World (EU) hailed
her for “her beautiful crystal-clear
warm vocals. Stylistically she
successfully bridges Irish trad,
contemporary singer songwriter
and Pop”. The Irish Echo (US)
described it as “an important
installment in the legacy of
traditional Irish music”.
Following the success of
her debut album, in October Aoife
will be releasing her first single
from her next album, “HomeBird”,
which is scheduled to be released
in January, 2020.
Quotes about Aoife:
- “Folk singer-songwriter Aoife Scott has an indefinable quality to her luscious voice that simply compels you to
listen ... and once you listen to one song the rapture is complete, you’re hooked.” Folk Words
- “an important installment in the legacy of traditional Irish music” – Irish Echo
- “This Irish singer stands out for her beautiful crystal clear warm vocals. Stylistically she successfully bridges Irish
trad, contemporary singer songwriter and Pop. “ Folk World
- “A fiery passionate young talent springing from a fine musical family. ” HotPress
- “Aoife Scott on lead vocals has a hauntingly beautiful voice” — GlasgowWestEnd.co.Uk
- “Scott may only just have released her critically acclaimed first album, but her voice has a maturity that is
reminiscent of both the English singer (Kate Rusby) and Scotland’s own beloved Eddi Reader”– Ticketmaster.co.uk
View our full press kit with information about the concert, Aoife Scott, the Wild Hog in the Woods and the Madison Folk Music Society.
More information about Aoife Scott:
This concert is also presented by
Proceeds to the Wil-Mar remodeling capital campaign
Can't attend the concert? You can contribute directly to the campaign